When drying our Energy BITES and activated nuts we do NOT use an oven, but rather a dehydrator, and there is a really good reason for this.
Raw food that is heated above 47°C (116°F) can destroy important dietary enzymes. However, enzymes and microorganisms (like mold and bacteria) both thrive at the same temperatures.
That’s why a dehydrator accomplishes two things:
keeps the food temperature below 47°C so as not to harm the enzymes while
elevating the air temperature high enough to remove the moisture quickly to stop the growth of mold and bacteria.